When the plotbunnicula that is Harrow Children ate my brain, I also made myself a playlist (that's how I know I'm doomed, BTW. TTYNKAP has one, and now HC does. I'm sharing some of the songs from the HC one. :D
All these are for the first chapter; believe it or not, I've got radically different songs for the next two chapters, complete with different 'themes' for Tifa, Zack, and Cloud. I love being a loser. XD
1. Last Smile
- Love Psychedelico [Japanese]. If you've never heard Love Psychedelico, I'm sorry. They are so very retro-cool, and win points for the best use of Engrish ever
--they use the English right but they kind of get the English wrong, but it's OK. They seriously have the best blending of English and Japanese ever. The random English in this song should be enough for you to get chunks of this, but one line I'll give you: "unmeisen kara other way." 'Unmeisen kara' means "from the line of fate." (lyrics!
- BoA. NO, not the bubblegum j/k-pop Boa you're thinking of. Banish the thought. This is the coolass indie band BoA that did the opening to Serial Experiments Lain, and this song is about a love triangle in the process of going wrong
3. Cloud's theme - How You Remind Me of Someday
- Nickelback mashup. Someone took two Nickleback songs and laid the tracks over each other to prove how it was the same song. And they ended up making a song that I think is made of awesome (yay, polyphony!), especially if you listen to how the lyrics overlay. This song also makes me think of HC!Cloud's head, because it's two different tracks that somehow kinda work
4. Tifa's theme - Vector
- Maaya Sakamoto [English]. Oh, the irony
here, using a song sung by Aerith's voice actress. But this song makes me think of Tifa. Tifa's not as bad off as the poor sod in the lyrics, but she's kind of slowly reaching that point, and she hates it.
5. Zack's theme - 럭키 데이
- My Aunt Mary [Korean]. Before you ask, no, I have no idea what the name of this song is, or what it's about. But I can tell you right now that My Aunt Mary is love, and this song is pure Zack--it's so irrepressibly bouncy and happy, plus the brassy big-bandness of it all.
CEACK!theme - The Boy is Mine
- Brandy & Monica. *snicker* Because you know that catfight was gearing up into this.
If any of y'all want, I might upload the stuff for the next chapter so y'all can start wondering just what the hell I've got planned for that chapter. >XD
Still sick. and my brain is too asdfhjkl; for me to manage writing drabbles right now (my creativity just muzzily gave me the finger and curled up to sleep). Since I feel like crap and can't sleep, oh, hey, music. XD